Step onto the field during any Lil’ Kickers class and you will find it transformed into a world created just for your child. Our well-trained coaches will thrill your child with 50 minutes of highly creative, high energy, and age-appropriate activities that serve as a great introduction to soccer, and help children master developmental milestones, appropriate for their age.
Because Lil’ Kickers is first and foremost a child development program our purpose is really to help children mature on all levels. Our program focuses on helping children build strong physical, intellectual, and emotional skills that will help them be successful on and off the soccer field. We believe in teaching children in ways that suit their developmental level. So, you won’t see adult-like skill drills in our classes, but you will see teaching methods specifically designed to create an atmosphere that is effective and fun. You will also see happy, confident, and sweaty kids who are eager to learn and want to keep coming back for more.
Whether your child is new to soccer or has already developed a love for the game, the progressive nature of Lil’ Kickers offers a place for children at every level. Our convenient class times provide families options to accommodate multiple children and busy schedules.
Enrollment is always open and classes are pro-rated!
- Private Classes can be formed on a day and time of your choosing with a minimum of 3 children enrolled.
- May make up any missed classes within the session with approval of the Coordinator
- May purchase a jersey for an additional $15.
- Annual administrative fee required ($10 per person).
HOLIDAY SEASON: October 12 – December 3
Not sure where to place your child? We have a variety of classes for ages 18 months – 7 years!
* Click the + buttons on the right of the name to expand the description.
Bunnies classes introduce toddlers to soccer with games that allow them to run, play as a group, and kick a ball. They gain basic soccer skills while building fundamental skills such as balance and coordination. Classes incorporate activities that are geared toward a toddler’s unique way of learning and including parachutes, bubbles, noodles, cones, lots of goal scoring, and more.
- Bunnies classes are 50 minutes long
- Parent participation is required
- The ratio for Bunnies classes is 8:1 w/parents on the field
Cottontails is a class designed for children who are ready for more of a challenge than a Thumpers class, but who are not quite ready to be on the field without a parent or caregiver. The Cottontails curriculum is designed to build fundamental skills such as balance, coordination, and ball kicking. Cottontails classes also offer another component-helping your child build a sense of independence. As children progress through the session and become ready for more independence, parents can choose to transition to a less active role in the class.
- Cottontails classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Cottontails is 8:1 w/parents on the field
Hoppers classes are designed to be fun and fast-paced. Classes focus on increasing balancing skills, coordination, and fundamental soccer skills. We utilize creative games and help kids develop listening skills, cooperation, and teamwork. Hoppers classes are the first class where children participate independently.
- Hoppers classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Hoppers classes is 8:1
Jackrabbits classes are designed to help transition children into non-competitive team play. Children play creative games to develop fundamental soccer skills and will also be introduced to more one-ball oriented games and scrimmaging. The focus of the scrimmages will be to help players understand how to apply skills in different situations and building teamwork. Some small-sided non-competitive soccer games are introduced.
- Jackrabbits classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Jackrabbits is 8:1
Big Feet classes are for five and six-year-olds who have not played soccer before. These classes concentrate on giving beginning kids a set of basic soccer skills (dribbling, passing, trapping, scoring) and some confidence on the field. Kids will be introduced to the ideas of sportsmanship and team play. Kids will play some small-sided, non-competitive soccer games to help prepare them for Micro Classes.
- Big Feet classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Big Feet classes is 8:1
Micro 6/7 classes are for six and seven-year-olds with previous soccer experience who are ready for more of a challenge. Classes balance the use of fun games and technical drills with non-competitive scrimmaging to teach new skills each week.
- Micro 6/7 classes are 50 minutes with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of non-competitive scrimmaging.
- The class ratio is 8:1
- Refunds will ONLY be given if a class has been canceled. We will no longer give refunds for missed classes, as make-ups are available.
- All first-time trial classes are free, and must first be approved by Youth Development Coordinator.
- Trial classes are dependent on space availability.
- A Sports Center waiver must be filled out prior to any trial class, either at our front desk or through DASH.
- All make-up classes must be scheduled with Youth Development Coordinator
- Make-up classes are dependent on space availability.
- Make-up classes do not carry over between sessions.
- Private classes can be formed with approval from Youth Development Coordinator
- Classes must consist of a minimum of 3 participants to be formed.
- Participants can wear any athletic or active clothing they are comfortable moving around in.
- Cleats are not needed, however, they are permitted.
- Be sure to bring a water bottle or sports drink for water breaks!