Come kick it at the newest and largest indoor sports complex on the east coast! The VBSC is excited to offer the ever-growing, fast-paced, technical, and tactical game of Futsal! The league will feature licensed futsal referees and follow closely to official futsal rules. Competition will be strong for all levels.
Fall II Season
- December 2 – February 25
- Registration is now OPEN through December 1!
- Games will be on Thursday or Friday nights
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
- Ages 18+
- Minimum roster size is 5 players; there is no maximum.
- Season consists of 8 regular-season games plus postseason play.
- The number of teams able to participate in playoffs will be determined by the Director early in the season; not every team makes playoffs.
- The first tie-breaker will be a head-to-head match-up, and the second tie-breaker is points allowed.
- Players may register as a free agent or join a private team.
- Any free agents wishing to play together must email the Director, Andrew Montague at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosters must be finalized by Week 2 of each season.
- Schedules will be posted online; please do not print the schedule as it is subject to change.
- In the event of an ejection, players will be suspended for a minimum of 1 week forcing them to miss the following game.
- All Virginia Beach Sports Center intramural basketball games for both youth and adult leagues are governed by the National Federation of High School Basketball rules with the EXCEPTIONS and modifications outlined in the rules below. The official rules are written and published by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), which governs Virginia High School basketball rules. Teams playing Division One will play with a shot clock.
Home (white shirts) and Away (dark shirts) teams must provide their own jerseys.
If teams show up with similar color jerseys which are difficult for the refs to distinguish, the home team is expected to change or wear pinnies.
Are you looking for a competitive or recreational league? This is very important to maintain the integrity of the leagues. Use the league description below to assist you in your decision.
Consists of teams with a superior knowledge of the game and rules. Skill levels range from Experienced to Professionally Trained Athletes. All players understand offensive concepts and defensive positions and can apply them in competition. Game and player strategies are well understood (i.e., running offensive plays, identifying opponent weaknesses, reading opponents plays, etc.) and the game is run at a high tempo.
Recreational (Social) Division
For recreational players looking to have fun, compete, and stay active.
- All participants must pay their ADMINISTRATIVE FEES before they can play in any Virginia Beach Sports Center program.
- Any inappropriate language directed toward anyone in the facility is not tolerated and will result in a suspension from the facility.
- Intimidation or threatening behavior can result in a suspension from the facility.
- No jewelry can be worn during league play unless covered with a padded material.
- No clothing with pockets is permitted.
- No food or drink (unless bottled/covered) is allowed on the court or track at any time.
- Any ejection (albeit from a staff member or a referee) from the facility will result in a MINIMUM one (1) week suspension from the facility and an automatic one (1) game suspension. Multiple ejection consequences will be administered, as needed, by VBSC staff.
- Involvement in a fight will result in a MINIMUM one (1) year suspension from the facility. Involvement in a second (2) fight will result in a lifetime ban from the facility.
- At no time shall a spectator enter the field or speak with officials, coaches, or players. Any spectator that enters the field to confront an official or another player will result in a suspension from the facility.
- To keep the playing surfaces clean and dry, please do not wear dirty or wet game shoes into the facilities. The wearing of shin guards will be mandatory for all players. Indoor, flat soled soccer shoes also must be worn. Shoes must have non-marking soles.