Lace’em up and let’s hoop! The VBSC Adult Basketball League is a great place to come out and compete, but most importantly have fun. The competition will be strong for all levels. The league will feature professional referees, weekly stats, and a championship prize for each division.
- October 12 – December 19
- Registration now open thru October 5
- D1 // Plays Monday nights starting at 6:30P
- D2 // Plays Monday nights starting at 6:30P
- 6′ & Under // Plays Wednesday nights starting at 6:30P
- Roster cutoff is November 2
- Ages 18+
- Minimum roster size is 5 players; there is no maximum.
- Season consists of 7 regular-season games plus postseason.
- The number of teams able to participate in playoffs will be determined by the Director early in the season; not every team makes playoffs.
- The first tie-breaker will be a head-to-head match-up, and the second tie-breaker is points allowed.
- Players may register as a free agent or join a private team.
- Any free agents wishing to play together must email the Director, Terrell Allen, at email@example.com.
- Rosters must be finalized by Game 3 of each season.
- Schedules will be posted online; please do not print the schedule as it is subject to change.
- In the event of an ejection, players will be suspended for a minimum of 1 week forcing them to miss the following game.
- All Virginia Beach Sports Center intramural basketball games for both youth and adult leagues are governed by the National Federation of High School Basketball rules with the EXCEPTIONS and modifications outlined in the rules below. The official rules are written and published by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), which governs Virginia High School basketball rules. Teams playing Division One will play with a shot clock.
Home (white shirts) and Away (dark shirts) teams must provide their own jerseys.
If teams show up with similar color jerseys which are difficult for the refs to distinguish, the home team is expected to change or wear pinnies.
Are you looking for a competitive or recreational league? This is very important to maintain the integrity of the leagues. Use the league description below to assist you in your decision.
Under 6′ Rec League
Players who are under 6′ tall, and looking to play for fun and exercise
Skilled players that know their way around the court and like to compete and win
For players who are still competitive but not as active
Terrell Allen • Director of Basketball • firstname.lastname@example.org